Our Gathering places:
1876 - Meeting called to interested families to build a church in Mapleton Station. On April 17, the congregation became incorporated under state laws as "German Evangelical Lutheran Saint Johannes Church Unaltered Augsburg Confession". The new wood structured church was dedicated in November 1876, and sat just south of the present brick structure.
1884 - Steeple was added
1890 - Two chime bells were installed
1898 - The church was lengthened to accommodate the growth of the church and to provide more space for the catechism school.
1914 - New brick building was erected and dedicated.
1919 - The interior of the church as decorated and dedicated.
1941 - The continued growth of the church spurred an enlargement whereby the altar was moved back 35' and transepts were added at the sides. Stained glass windows in the transepts were also added, as were a communion rail, kitchen remodeled, and the entire church redecorated.
1964 - The education unit was added to the west end and included a confirmation instruction room which was used as a chapel and reception room. This addition also included the pastor's study, library and Sunday School rooms. A new heating unit was purchased at this time.
1976 - The Narthex was remodeled enclosing the outside steps and remodeling of the basement including the dining area and kitchen.
1985 - A pitched roof was added to the education unit by a generous gift from Evelyn Proehl.
1992 - The elevator lift was added allowing for handicapped access to the entire church building.
1876-1883 - Pastor Carl Boerneke
1887-1895 - Pastor August Wolff
1896-1906 - Pastor Karl Kilian
1906-1908 - Pastor John Mittermaier
1909-1933 - Pastor Paul Elsel
1933-1953 - Pastor Arthur W, Sharfe
1953 - Rev. William A. Schmidt -Interim Pastor
1953-1957 - Pastor Albert H. Geutzlaff
1957-1958 - Rev. P.J. Haupt -Interim Pastor
1958-1973 - Pastor Clarence Muske
1973 - Rev. L.L. Belk -Interim Pastor
1973-1982 - Pastor Fred Mueller
1982-1983 - Rev. Martin Schulz -Interim Pastor
1982-2008 - Pastor Richard C, Salge
2008-2010 - Rev. Bob Kleinke -Interim Pastor
2010-2017- Pastor Vicki Hultine
2017-PRESENT - Pastor Jan Crissinger interim pastor
Contributions to the history by Coleen Lindemann 2009, Where the Winding Maple Flows, Blue Earth County Historical Society, The Heritage of Blue Earth County, Blue Earth County Enterprise, St. Johns Lutheran Congregation History.